Working at MedWish means joining a team of people who are passionate about saving lives and saving the environment through our work. Quality, integrity and respect for our recipients are at the forefront of all we do.
Reports to: Director of Business Operations
Job Type: Part-time (20 hours) with potential for full-time status as needs grow, Hourly compensation (Commensurate with experience)
Job Description: The Administrative Assistant will provide office support activities for multiple Directors within MedWish. Duties include fielding telephone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating presentations and spreadsheets, filing and general office projects. Strong computer and communication skills are required.
- Support Directors and Managers in administrative capacity
- Answer and direct all phone calls in a highly professional manner: you will be the first representative of MedWish!
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Board of Directors and other staff as requested
- Assist Director of Business Operations with human resource functions of the organization
- Assist Director of Business Operations with fundraising databases, finances and administrative tasks associated with fundraising events
- Manage donor recognition with timely distribution of thank you letters
- Maintain a well-run office by ensuring office supplies, forms and other items are available to staff. Plus, coordinate with staff to maintain a neat and orderly working environment for employees and visitors.
- Other tasks as assigned by Executive Director and/or Director of Business Operations.
- Minimum of two years of administrative or business management experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with outgoing and patient demeanor
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem solving skills, ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder population
- Strong computer skills (email, Internet research, Microsoft Office applications and Google apps )
- Associates Degree required
- Fluent in written and spoken English required, proficiencies in other languages a plus
Send your resume and letter of interest to Sarah White at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.