Working at MedWish means joining a team of people who are passionate about saving lives and saving the environment through our work. Quality, integrity and respect for our recipients are at the forefront of all we do.
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Type: Contract (Compensation commensurate with experience)
Job Description: The Biomedical Technician is a new position at MedWish designed to provide
repair and inspection of used equipment that is being sent for use in developing countries. This
individual will also be responsible for assisting to improve the entire process to render the best
benefit to our recipients.
· Repair and inspection of used equipment and apparatuses such as hospital beds, gurneys, patient monitors, electrocardiographs, defibrillators, electrosurgical units, anesthesia apparatus, ventilators, sterilizers and other biomedical equipment.
· Maintain documentation of equipment, inventory, service and repairs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET) and Associate’s Degree in Biomedical or Electrical Engineering required.
· Strong communication skills.
· Ability to work with diverse stakeholder population
· Outgoing and patient demeanor.
· Strong computer skills (Email, Internet Research, Microsoft Office applications).
· Ability to lift 40 pounds.
· Ability to work on your feet for an extended amount of time (5-6 hours per day).
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, non-traditional work environment.
· Multilingual helpful, but not required.
Send only qualified resumes and cover letters to Chance DeWerth, firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.