Working at MedWish means joining a team of people who are passionate about saving lives and saving the environment through our work. Quality, integrity and respect for our recipients are at the forefront of all we do.
Director of Development
MedWish International is a not-for-profit organization that saves lives and the environment by repurposing discarded medical supplies and equipment, while providing humanitarian aid to individuals and organizations that administer care in developing countries, regardless of religious or political affiliation. Please visit www.MedWish.org to learn more.
REVENUE: $1 million approx.
POSITION: Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Director of Development (DOD) will spearhead development efforts as MedWish International continues to grow. The DOD will also create and oversee the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
Plan fund development activities
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors and Executive Director to create a fund development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of MedWish
- Implement the fund development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the fundraising goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends in the community or region and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
Organize fund development activities
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fund raising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Develop policies and procedures for the development department which reflect ethical fundraising practices
- Prepare and submit grant applications to generate funds for the organization
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
- Oversee the administration of a donor mailing list and database which respects the privacy and confidentiality of donor information
- Coordinate in-kind donations and make decisions regarding the issuing of receipts
Manage fund development Budget (In collaboration with Executive Director & Director of Business Operations)
- Develop and gain approval for an annual income and expenditure budget for the fund development program
- Prepare regular reports on progress, budgets, receipts and expenditure related to fundraising and the management of the fund development activities
- Monitor expenses and analyze budget reports on fund development and recommend changes as necessary
Promote MedWish International
- Foster an understanding of philanthropy within the organization
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote MedWish to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of MedWish International
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of fundraising and development experience.
- Knowledge of special events planning and management.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills with outgoing and patient demeanor.
- Strong computer skills (email, Internet research, Microsoft Office, and Google apps).
- Excellent people skills.
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multi-task while also being willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get tasks done.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of MedWish.
The Directors of Development may be required to work evenings and weekends during major campaigns and special events.
JOB TYPE: Salaried, Full Time (Commensurate with experience)
If interested in applying, please email your resume to Britta Harman, Director of Business Operations, at email@example.com with ATTN: HR Department in the subject line.